25th Annual Cliff Walk
Sponsored by Allied Recycling Center
Sunday, September 12, 2021
Buzzards Bay Park
190 Main Street, Buzzards Bay, MA
Registration Begins at 10:00 AM - Walk Begins at 11:00 AM
The annual Cliff Walk for ALS has been our signature fundraiser for 25 years. Funds raised support families throughout New England living with ALS right now.
If you have been personally touched by ALS, you know that direct patient support is the best way to impact the emotional, physical, and financial devastation this disease causes to daily life while we are waiting for a cure. That is why we focus on helping ease the pressures that affect so many families living with ALS. Some of the ways we help families are to:
- Assist with rent, mortgage, or utilities
- Provide respite care for caregivers
- Relieve some back-to-school and holiday expenses
- Assist with college tuition for dependents
- Help make family getaways possible
Our Cliff Walk is more than a fundraiser. It is also a day for us to help raise awareness and to gather with the extended “family” affected by this devastating disease and to let them know that they are not alone. This year, we commemorate our 25th year of walking, and we need your help to honor this milestone.
For Teams or Individuals: Give Lively
- Go to Give Lively.
- Click the Start Fundraising button.
- Click the I Want To Fundraise For This button.
- If you have previously used Give Lively, log in to your existing account. Otherwise, you’ll create a new account.
- Select whether to create your own fundraising page, whether to create a fundraising page for a new team, or whether to join a team that already has a page.
- Personalize your page and SHARE!
Note that supporters can now dedicate their donations!
* Offline donations will need to be reported to us for entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. *
Another Option if You're on Facebook...
All funds raised on Facebook go directly to the foundation (no fees deducted!). Here's how to create a Facebook fundraiser if you're logged in to your Facebook account.
On a computer:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu next to your newsfeed.
- Click Raise money for a nonprofit.
- Select A.L.S. Family Charitable Foundation.
- Fill in the details on the left of the screen. Be sure to give your fundraiser a name that shows your cause, such as “Mary Ann’s Cliff Walk for ALS Fundraiser”. It also helps to explain why you’re walking and/or raising money.
- Click Create.
- Like our Facebook page if you haven’t already and we’ll help promote your fundraising effort.
On an iPhone:
- Click the hamburger button at the lower right of the screen.
- Scroll down and click See More.
- Click Fundraisers.
- Click the Raise Money button.
- Select Nonprofit.
- Search for and select A.L.S. Family Charitable Foundation.
- Edit the default text and fundraising goal if you wish.
Do You Know About Our ALS Family Tree and Brick Walk?
The A.L.S. Family Tree was planted in 1999 at the Buzzards Bay Recreation Area in Bourne, MA during the 3rd Annual Cliff Walk. This tree is a tribute to all the courageous individuals who have battled or are battling ALS. In 2001, we placed a walkway around the tree that includes the names of our loved ones.
Each year we hold a ceremony on the morning of our Cliff Walk during which new bricks are placed into the walk.
Engraved bricks to honor your loved one are available for purchase for $50.
Note that we have a very limited number of spaces left in the walkway, so if you've been considering a brick, now is the time to act before there are no spaces left.
Bricks must be ordered by August 20th to have the bricks engraved for the 25th Annual Cliff Walk.
To order, use the form linked at the button below or call us at 508-759-9696.