23rd Annual Cliff Walk
Fundraiser for A.L.S. to be Held Sunday, September 8, 2019
Join us Sunday, September 8, 2019 at DCR Scusset Beach Reservation as families, volunteers, donors, patients, and sponsors come together to raise funds in support of ALS patients and their families. The more we raise, the more help we can provide to the patients and families that so need and deserve it!
Sponsorship opportunities are available! We are also currently accepting donations for raffle items. Please call us at 508-759-9696 for more info.
About the Walk
The Cliff Walk is our signature fundraising event, with funds raised supporting families affected by ALS throughout New England. If you have been personally touched by ALS, you know of the emotional, physical, and financial devastation the disease causes, so you understand how much difference the ALS Family Charitable Foundation's unique support programs can make. Among the services we provide families affected by ALS are:
- Aid respite care to allow caregivers to take crucial breaks
- Help pay utility bills
- Assist with holiday and back-to-school expenses
- Sponsor summer camp tuition
- Fund getaways and vacations that help families make memories while they are able
- Underwrite college scholarships
How to Sign Up for the Walk
To join the walk, create a fundraising page and share with your friends. On the day of the walk, bring any offline donations like cash and checks, a printout of your online donations, and sign in!
Note that we do require a $25 minimum per person for the BBQ for anyone over the age of 10.
To create your fundraising page:
- Click the button below.
- Look for the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button at the lower right of the page and click that.
- The name you enter for the team should be either your own name or, if you're walking with the team and fundraising together, your team name.
- Follow the rest of the steps and share your page!
Do You Know About Our ALS Family Tree and Brick Walk?
The A.L.S. Family Tree was planted in 1999 at the Buzzards Bay Recreation Area in Bourne, MA during the 3rd Annual Cliff Walk. This tree is a tribute to all the courageous individuals who have battled or are battling ALS. In 2001, we placed a walkway around the tree that includes the names of our loved ones.
Each year we hold a ceremony on the morning of our Cliff Walk during which new bricks are placed into the walk. Bricks to honor your loved one are available for purchase for $50. Bricks must be ordered by August 22nd to have the bricks engraved for the 23rd Annual Cliff Walk. To order, use the form below or call us at 508-759-9696.