23rd Annual Cliff Walk
Sponsored by Superior Rail & Iron
Thank you to the families, volunteers, donors, patients, and sponsors who came out for a beautiful sunny day on the Cape Cod Canal to support our 2019 Cliff Walk, held Sunday, September 8, 2019 at DCR Scusset Beach Reservation in Sagamore, MA.
This year we raised over $150,000 for the fight against ALS. These funds support our In-House Patient Programs and research headed by ALS Therapy Development Institute.
2019's Top Fundraisers
- Jeremy & Shelly Dorfman & Team David (Again. Yes, they're good!)
- Mary Vagenas & Team Georgios
- Patricia O’Connell & This Little Light
- Nick Coolen & Team Bab's Buddies
- Kylee Shubert & Team ALS Haters
- Olivia Heffernan & Team Martha
Coloring contest winners this year were Stella A & Jodi G!
BIG BIG THANK YOU to ALL the teams and individuals for their fundraising efforts and to our generous volunteers, sponsors, and staff for all their hard work and dedication. We truly could not do it without you!
And a most special thank you to Ellen Corindia, our long-time friend and patient, for a truly moving speech. We love you Ellen!
Thank you also to:
- Our corporate sponsors: Allied Recycling, USI Insurance, Rogers & Gray, Bridgewater Savings, Cape Cod Five, Eastern Bank, Akzo Nobel, Home Instead, Tiny & Sons Auto Glass, and One-Stop Painting & Renovating
- The businesses that donated food & beverages for the walk and cookout: Stop & Shop, Bailey's Surf N Turf, the Ninety-Nine Restaurant of Wareham, Dino’s Sports Bar, Roche Bros., Vermont Pure Water, Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Cape Cod, Utz, Peggy Lawton Snacks, and Cuoto Mgmt/Dunkin Donuts
- Mass Maritime Academy, Sandwich High School football team, Wareham JROTC, and the Cape Cod Corvette Club for help throughout the day
- The Real Deal for providing musical entertainment
- Lily-Belles Florals, Guardian Self-Storage in Pocasset, Hi-Way Concrete Products, and Things to Do in Plymouth, MA
- Balloon raffle donors Uno's Pizzzeria & Grill, Hotel 1620, Pirate's Cove, Town & Country Carpet Cleaning, TGIFridays, Whydah Pirate Museum, Mary Ann Singersen, Alice Lester, and Carol Oliveira, Elfstone Silver & Gold, Cindy Parisien, Chris Fox, The Lawrence Family, Hotel 1620, Waterfront Bar & Grill, Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth Philharmonic, Martha Burns, and Patricia Perry
- BIG BIG thank you to Event Coordinators Bill MacLeod and Lynne Florindo
- Thanks also to our Team Leaders Linda Abreu, Frank Almeida, A.J. Azinger, Charlie Azinger, Crystal Campinah, Denise Almeida, Terry Chalker, Mary Johnson, Donna Jordan, Connor MacLeod, Adrianna Mitrokostas, Dino Mitrokostas, Jamie Thibodeau, Jacqueline Tome; to our Volunteer Coordinator Debbie Bell; and to photographers David Heaney, Michelle Parsons, and Rob Cautillo
About the Walk
The Cliff Walk is our signature fundraising event, with funds raised supporting families affected by ALS throughout New England. If you have been personally touched by ALS, you know of the emotional, physical, and financial devastation the disease causes, so you understand how much difference the ALS Family Charitable Foundation's unique support programs can make. Among the services we provide families affected by ALS are:
- Aid respite care to allow caregivers to take crucial breaks
- Help pay utility bills
- Assist with holiday and back-to-school expenses
- Sponsor summer camp tuition
- Fund getaways and vacations that help families make memories while they are able
- Underwrite college scholarships